Since its creation in 1997, the Interprofessional Council of Corsican Wines has been the leader, the preferred tool and contact point of the entire sector. Thanks to their actions, Corsica's wines enjoy a national and international reputation. CIVCorse has for many years been a dynamic and attractive source of communication for the vineyards; the creation of the "Vins de Corse" umbrella brand integrates with a strategy of conquering markets. CIVCorse features at many large international trade fairs, such as Vinisud in Montpellier, Vinexpo in Bordeaux, the London Wine Trade Fair, WINEPARIS and Prowein in Düsseldorf. In parallel, the Interprofessional Council has begun prospecting in the United Kingdom, Belgium, Canada, the United States and, more recently, Asia. Over the years, CIV Corse has demonstrated its effectiveness by helping Corsican wines conquer new markets, increasing their reputation and adding value to their brand.
The role and functioning of the Interprofessional Council is based on the willingness of a sector's stakeholders to organise themselves to meet collective challenges affecting production, processing, marketing and distribution. CIV Corse contributes to the harmonious development of the sector in the interest of all its stakeholders. It not only allows for better transmission of information between the various operators of production, processing, marketing and distribution, but also and above all brings an overall response adapted to changes in their markets. Membership of the Council requires respect for three main principles, namely representativeness, parity and unanimity.
serviNG the wine industry
- The governance of the wine sector, to take into consideration all the cross-cutting aspects which concern it, both on the purely viticultural and oenological side, and in the issues of employment, training, etc.- Economic mission, to monitor the main market developments at regional and national levels, thanks to specific statistical tool sets and ad-hoc studies and the processing of customs data.
- Communication and Collective Promotion of Corsica's Vineyards: development of the marketing strategy and implementation of the promotional strategic action plan at the local, national and international level.
- Technical Research and Experimentation thanks to a close partnership with the CRVI (Centre for Wine Research).
- Downstream Monitoring of Quality to control and improve the quality of wines at the marketing stage.(Buying throughout the year of wines, in different marketing circuits, then tasting and analysis).
Decision-making structures at 3 levels:
- A Board of Directors which brings together 8 production delegates (representing the AOPs and IGPs) and 8 trading delegates (representing the sector's trade structures).It defines the policy and general interprofessional objectives, votes on the statutes, the rules of procedure, interprofessional agreements and interprofessional contributions. It approves the accounts and votes on the budget.It elects the President of the Interprofessional Council and members of the Bureau for a period of three years, renewable.
- The Bureau consists of the President and 4 Vice-Presidents. It executes or arranges the execution of the missions and programmes set by the Board of Directors, as part of the budget voted through. It follows up the current and administrative management of CIV Corse.
A common goal
A Board of Directors that brings together 8 production delegates (representing AOPs and IGPs) and 8 trading delegates (representing the sector?s trade structures). It defines the general policy and objectives of the interprofessional organisation, votes on statutes, rules of procedure, interprofessional agreements and interprofessional contributions. It approves the accounts and votes on the budget. It elects the Interprofessional President and members of the Bureau for a period of three years renewable.
Decision-making structures at 3 levels
The Bureau is made up of the President and 4 Vice-Presidents. It executes or arranges the execution of the missions and programmes set by the Board of Directors, as part of the budget voted through. It monitors the current and administrative management of CIV Corse.
|UVA CORSE||Yves Leccia|
|CC St Antoine||Simon-Pierre Fazi|
|EURL Aghione||André Casanova|
|EURL Aghione||Laurent Cristofari|
|SAS Terra Vecchia||Jean-François Renucci|